Introducing the Friends of the Everglades Shop!
Friends of the Everglades founder Marjory Stoneman Douglas was famous for her persistence. In her work to preserve and protect America’s Everglades, moments of discouragement and disappointment only seemed to make her more sure of the need to galvanize the next fight. One of Marjory’s quotes perfectly illuminates her resolve — so, we’ve decided to memorialize it on some everyday items to share her sense of strength and purpose in the face of adversity.
This year, on the 75th anniversary of Everglades National Park and Marjory’s seminal book, “The Everglades: River of Grass,” consider supporting our work to preserve Marjory’s legacy by purchasing one of our debut shop items.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas is said to have finished each day with a glass of scotch. Perhaps that’s what fueled the fire behind her tenacious spirit. Whatever your drink of choice may be, may this glass always give you a reason to toast to the relentless pursuit of progress. Shop this pint glass
- Holds up to 16 oz. of liquid
- 5 3/8″H x 2 3/4″ diameter
- Made in the U.S.A.
Who doesn’t love a slow, easy morning – with a side of activism?! Let this mug do the talking for you as you gear up to tackle the day ahead. Shop the coffee mug.
- 14 oz retro granite-design camp mug with a sturdy ceramic construction
- Wide design, speckled pattern and stylized rim
- Great for a wide number of events, particularly those that are outside!
- 5 1/2″W x 3 1/2″H x 4 3/16″ diameter
A tote with a reminder to keep on keepin’ on, even when it feels like the world is trying to bring you down. Because these days, we could all use a little more optimism. Shop this tote bag.
- Ivory colored, lightweight tote bag made from cotton
- Features extra-long 26″ handle
- Size: 15″ W x 15 1/2 ”